Converse are a classic shoe. They have been around for years and worn by probably just about everyone. You can purchase them in just about any color, and are relatively cheap to buy. That being said, it’s not always easy to find an outfit to match them.
Why? Converse have somewhat of a longstanding personality of their own. You see them frequently in movies or on tv with a very casual outfit, usually jeans and t-shirt. They are casual shoes that have remained iconic for a long time. However, nowadays it is much more common to see people styling converse with dresses and skirts! Which really leaves us the question as to what doesn’t Converse go with?
Of course you can wear anything you please and especially in this time where pretty much anything goes. This is just an article to give you some ideas as to how to wear them!
Tips on how to wear with Converse:
- Casual wear! Ripped jeans, jeans, casual shorts, band t-shirts etc.
- White Converse are the cleanest (but get dirty the quickest) and seem to look the best with more formal attire.
- I love Converse with kind of a lazy-day look, and try not to match them too well with my outfit (Teal shirt, teal Converse, or purple shirt, purple Converse).
- Converse with overalls is such a cute way to fashion them as well.
- Try pairing your Converse with black leggings and an oversized sweatshirt for a cute and comfy look!
Tips on how to care for your Converse:
- Do NOT machine wash or dry. That ruins the material.
- Use a mild soap (using a strong soap can fade the color on the shoes)
- Warm water and a washcloth is the best way to clean and care for loved Converse ❤